The 61st Vienna Opera Ball will take place on 23.February at the Vienna State Opera. The new organizer is Maria Grossbauer, the daughter of a member of the Vienna Philharmonics. She has studied music and is in charge of a PR agency.
The star tenor Jonas Kaufmann will sing for the first time at the opening of the Vienna Opera Ball („La fleur que tu m’avais jetée“from Carmen und „Dein ist mein ganzes Herz“ from Das Land des Lächelns).
The following orchestras will be playing:
- The Orchestra of the Vienna State Opera / Vienna Philharmonics
- The Stage Orchestra of the Vienna State Opera
- The Vienna Opera Ball Orchestra
144 debutante pairs from 9 different countries will open the ball. The girls wear tiaras, this year designed by Karl Lagerfeld. The name of the tiara is „Le Beau Danube Bleu“ in commemoration of the 150th birthday of the Blue Danube waltz.
The flower decoration is inspired the Mozart’s “Magic Flute”: the roses and flowering branches will represent the magical forest and its colorful birds.
There are quite a few new gastronomic highlights, the most remarkable being the Opera-Ball-Drink 2017 created by Roberto Pavlovic of Roberto American Bar: “L’elisir d’amore” after Donizetti’s opera.
The ball guests traditionally receive mementos as a gesture of thanks for their attendance. This year the ladies will receive, among other small gifts, a brooch by Swarovski, inspired by the Rosenkavalier.
Latest posts by Administrator (see all)
- Vienna State Opera: September 2018 in focus - August 30, 2018
- The new season 2018 | 2019 at the Vienna State Opera - April 23, 2018
- Ariodante: Premiere of a Baroque Opera Hit – II.Part - February 23, 2018