- Mobile voucher by email
- Free cancellation up to 3 days in advance
- Best Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
Duration: 4 hours
- Start the evening with a gourmet 4-course dinner in the palatial Kursalon restaurant
- Delight in the melodies of Vienna’s Golden Age, presented by Salon Orchestra “Alt Wien”
- Admire the performances of opera singers and ballet dancers
After booking online, you will receive two emails:
- a Booking Request email will arrive immediately
- a second, separate email with your Booking Confirmation will arrive within 48 hours
This Booking Confirmation is also your voucher, with which you can pick up your tickets at the box office of your chosen event.
You can show the voucher on your mobile phone or bring a printed copy.
We recommend arriving 20 minutes before the start of the event.
You can cancel your tickets up to 3 day before the performance for a full refund. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This package includes:
- a ticket to a Mozart & Strauss concert
- a gourmet 4-course dinner at restaurant Johann at the Kursalon or restaurant Mediterraneo at Hotel Intercontinental
Your program for the evening:
18:00 Dinner starts
20:15 Concert starts
22:00 Concert ends
- Beef carpaccio • Truffled celery cream • Crispy lamb´s lettuce or
- Goat cheese terrine • Red beet salad • Crispy carrot salad
- Clear beef soup • Noodles • Fresh vegetables or
- Creamy Jerusalem artichokes soup • Walnut oil • Herbs
- Roasted tranches of veal • Creamy mushroom risotto • Carrot-leak vegetables or
- Grilled fillet of salmon • Duet of parsnips • Honey-radish
- Chocolate cake • Creamy raspberry foam or
- Apple compote • Fresh lime mousse
Drinks are not included in the package and are to be paid at the restaurant.
A concert at Kursalon offers you a charming performance of Viennese music. The "Alt Wien" Salon Orchestra plays beautifully, re-creating the melodies of Vienna’s golden age for your pleasure and entertainment. From "A little night music" to "The Blue Danube" Waltz, every peace is superbly performed. Opera singers and ballet soloists contribute to the highlights of the concert.
Salon Orchestra "Alt Wien"
The Salon Orchestra "Alt Wien" was founded in 1999 by Professor Udo Zwölfer, the long-term principal leader of the Vienna Volksoper Orchestra. Just as in the times of Johann Strauss, the orchestra plays without a conductor. It is the principal violinist who leads the orchestra, thus achieving a historically accurate performance of Viennese music.
Kursalon: Imperial Spa Pavilion
In the 19th century, spas became very fashionable in Europe. Spas provided not only water cure, but also different other diversions for guests, and soon became meeting centre for the elite. A distinct spa culture, in which medical reason usually played only a minor role, emerged.
In 1862, Emperor Franz Joseph I ordered the construction of a Kursalon or spa pavilion. The Kursalon, built between 1865 and 1867, was designed by Johann Garben in the style of the Italian Renaissance.
Officially, it served as a spa, where visitors could drink mineral waters. At the beginning social events were prohibited. In fact, it was a place where the aristocracy would meet and mingle and soon, the ban of fun started to be ignored. The Kursalon served as a venue for concerts and dances ever since 1868. Instantly, the Kursalon became Vienna′s most fashionable and trendy place to go out. Johann Strauss, whose golden monument stands it front of the building, used to perform here with his orchestra.
Today the Kursalon is a popular venue for balls, concerts and parties. There are four halls on two floors in the Kursalon, a 1,000 square meter large terrace, overlooking the City Park, and a Café-Restaurant.
The program includes the best known works of Mozart, Strauss and composers of the Vienna Classical Era.
- A little Night Music
- Viennese Spirit
- The Blue Danube
- A Night in Venice
- Rondo alla turca
Program subject to alterations
Free seating in your chosen category
Glass of sparkling wine, concert program and Johann Strauss CD (if VIP option selected)
Dress code is smart casual